Sparkling Gelatin Salad
Fruit really shines though this refreshing gelatin salad.Cassie Alexander, Muncie, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups white grape juice, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sweet white wine or additional white grape juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup juice; let stand
- for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is
- completely dissolved. Stir in the wine, sugar and remaining juice.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until set but not
- firm, about 1 hour. Fold in the oranges, grapes and raspberries.
- Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 179 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.