Sparkling Fruit Salad
Pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, strawberries and grapes are treated to a dressing of wine and sparkling club soda in this delightful salad. Serve in dessert dishes or set the whole bowl on the table for a fetching presentation.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks or 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup chilled club soda
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, strawberries
- and grapes. Combine wine or grape juice and club soda; pour over
- fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring
- occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 87 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.