Sparkling Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks or 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup chilled club soda
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, strawberries and grapes. Combine wine or grape juice and club soda; pour over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sparkling Fruit Salad(5)
Sort By :
I made this with Barefoot Moscato and it was absolutely delicious! Much better than the Over the Top Mac n Cheese I made to go with it.
The amazing thing about this fruit salad is that it does stay fresh for a couple of days. I used the white grape juice, and club soda. And, was I imagining things? Or, did I actually feel the bubbles on my tongue as I ate the salad? Refreshing and delicious way to serve fruit and add just a touch of sweetness.
Liked it a lot, but it's pretty liquidy.
I made this for our family's get together on Christmas. I admit I was a little dubious as to how this would turn out, but it was fantastic. I used the white grape juice instead of the wine & with it combined with the club soda brought out the color of each piece of fruit brilliantly & each piece of fruit held it's shape--no wilting. And if there was enough left over for the next day, I'm sure it would maintain it's color & shape. But, if anyone makes this recipe, we will never know.
This is a refreshing salad that is easy to make. I made it for breakfast along with Amish Baked Oatmeal and it was a huge hit.