Sparkling Cider Pound Cake Recipe
This pound cake is incredible and completely reminds me of fall with every bite. Using sparkling apple cider in the batter and the glaze gives it a delicious and unique flavor. I love everything about it! — Nikki Barton, Providence, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sparkling apple cider
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cider, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over top of cake, allowing it to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 306 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC