- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sparkling apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cider, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over top of cake, allowing it to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sparkling Cider Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Made this for my family and not quite sure what happened. It tested done but when I served it the texture was very strange. I may try again sometime."
"I want to first say that I sometimes get a little annoyed with reviewers who post numerous substitutions to a recipe before even trying it. Having said that, I really wanted to try this but couldn't find the sparkling cider in my grocery store. I decided to substitute the cider with 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice and 1/4 c. Sprite to make up the 1/2 c. of sparkling cider. I also added 1 tsp. lemon zest to the recipe without changing anything else. (I also added a little lemon juice and Sprite to the glaze.) It was so delicious! The texture and density was perfect and I loved the buttery, mellow lemon flavor. My husband couldn't stop raving about it! I will try the recipe again when I find the sparkling apple cider but the lemon is a wonderful substitution. Great recipe!"
"What a great idea to use sparkling cider - what a great dish absolutely loved it"
"I seriously love this pound cake! Delish!!!!!"
"Easy to make and it did not survive the night I made it!"