Spareribs Cantonese Recipe
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Cut the ribs into serving-size pieces; place with meat side down in a shallow roasting pan. Cover with foil; bake at 450° for 45 minutes. Drain; turn ribs.
- 2. Combine marmalade, water, soy sauce and seasonings; spoon over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour longer or until tender, basting occasionally with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
16 ounce-weight: 704 calories, 43g fat (16g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1387mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Spareribs Cantonese
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.