Spareribs Cantonese Recipe
My aunt gave me this recipe more than 20 years ago. The thing we like most about it is that there isn't an overabundance of sauce, so the fabulous flavor of pork can shine through.
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cut the ribs into serving-size pieces; place with meat side down in a shallow roasting pan. Cover with foil; bake at 450° for 45 minutes. Drain; turn ribs.
- Combine marmalade, water, soy sauce and seasonings; spoon over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour longer or until tender, basting occasionally with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Spareribs Cantonese in Country Pork 1996, p108
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spareribs Cantonese(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review