Spare-Rib Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sandwich buns, split
- 1. Place ribs in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain; return ribs to pan. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, water, chili sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Pour two-thirds of the sauce over ribs; set remaining sauce aside. Cover and cook over medium heat for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened.
- 3. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. In a large saucepan, whisk cornstarch and reserved sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shredded pork; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 357 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Spare-Rib Sandwiches
"I really liked it. A little bit sweet but the hot chili sauce help to balance that off. Unusual, tasty, and easy to make."
"This was a good recipe with a mild, lemon flavor. I made it with the layered salad on the same page."
"It was good, but slightly sweet."
"Every time we make these, they are a hit!"