Spare-Rib Sandwiches Recipe
These sandwiches will score high with everyone. The tender pulled barbecued pork has a pleasant hint of lemon that you don't expect.—Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sandwich buns, split
- 1. Place ribs in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain; return ribs to pan. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, water, chili sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Pour two-thirds of the sauce over ribs; set remaining sauce aside. Cover and cook over medium heat for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened.
- 3. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. In a large saucepan, whisk cornstarch and reserved sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shredded pork; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 357 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC