These sandwiches will score high with everyone. The tender pulled barbecued pork has a pleasant hint of lemon that you don't expect.—Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes to Make This Summer
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sandwich buns, split
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain; return ribs to pan. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, water, chili sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Pour two-thirds of the sauce over ribs; set remaining sauce aside. Cover and cook over medium heat for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened.
- When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. In a large saucepan, whisk cornstarch and reserved sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shredded pork; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spare-Rib Sandwiches in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p15
Reviews for Spare-Rib Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2012
"This was a good recipe with a mild, lemon flavor. I made it with the layered salad on the same page."
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2011
"It was good, but slightly sweet."
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2010
"Every time we make these, they are a hit!"