This is my own recipe. It's easy, economical and good for you, but the best part is it tastes great and goes with everything from hamburgers to steaks.
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, using broth instead of water; set aside. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, celery, onion and garlic in water until tender. Add the tomato, seasoned salt if desired, chili powder, pepper and cooked rice. Cook 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p251
Reviews for Spanish White Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2015
"Not terrible, but not memorable."