Spanish-Style Breakfast Bake Recipe
Where I live in Texas, there are a lot of Mexican and Spanish influences in the local cooking. This interesting combination of rice, chili sauce, eggs and green peppers really adds some punch to your breakfast.
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
- 12 eggs
- 12 thinly sliced green pepper rings
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, 1/2 cup bacon, tomato sauce and chili sauce. Pat firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Using the back of a spoon, make twelve 2-in. wells in the rice mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the oven; break an egg into each well. Press a green pepper ring around each egg.
- 4. Cover and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon; cover and let stand 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 268 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Spanish-Style Breakfast Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC