Spanish Squash Medley Recipe
This fresh-tasting side dish of summer squash and zucchini goes well with chicken, pork or steak. But it's so colorful and flavorful that it might steal the spotlight from your entree.
- 2 medium summer squash, halved and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and onion in oil for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the tomato, butter, lemon-pepper, garlic powder and salt. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 55 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Spanish Squash Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC