I usually cook for only me and my husband, so I try to scale down most recipes. But I make this dish just the way it is because my husband loves the leftovers.Sandy Pelfrey, North Canton, Ohio
5 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium
- heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes,
- pasta, sugar, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until pasta is
- tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 338 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.