Spanish Spirals Recipe
I usually cook for only me and my husband, so I try to scale down most recipes. But I make this dish just the way it is because my husband loves the leftovers.—Sandy Pelfrey, North Canton, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, pasta, sugar, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving equals 338 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC