Colorful and tangy, this coleslaw adds some zip to an ordinary meal. Try it and see if it doesn't perk up your next meal.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cabbage and green pepper. In a jar with
- tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour
- over cabbage mixture just before serving; toss to coat. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 84 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.