Spanish Sausage Supper Recipe
"A pastor's wife shared her recipe for this colorful all-in-one skillet meal that she frequently brings to church dinners," writes subscriber Gene Pitts from Wilsonville, Alabama. "Hearty chunks of smoked sausage and canned tomatoes with chilies add just the right amount of zip to a packaged rice mix."
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 580 calories, 36 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 2,599 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC