- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Sausage Supper
"This was absolutely delicious. The slight crunch of the vegetables, the kick from the smoked sausage to the smooth creaminess of the rice, and then the tanginess of the olives, all combine to make this dish so tasty, satisfying and filling. It was indeed a simple failure proof recipe. The only modification I made was exchanging chicken broth for the water. Look forward to making it again."
"OMG. We so loved this. I can't wait for a pot luck so I can bring it. I didn't add the olives since my kids don't like them and they ate every bite."
"quick, easy and delicious!"