Spanish Sausage Supper Recipe
"A pastor's wife shared her recipe for this colorful all-in-one skillet meal that she frequently brings to church dinners," writes subscriber Gene Pitts from Wilsonville, Alabama. "Hearty chunks of smoked sausage and canned tomatoes with chilies add just the right amount of zip to a packaged rice mix."
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Sausage Supper in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p14
Reviews for Spanish Sausage Supper(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review