Spanish Rice with Turkey Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 308 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable.