"Not everyone in the family cared for Spanish rice until they tried this hearty version," says Sylvia Wallace of Adams, New York. "Now instead of complaints, I hear, 'More, please'."
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice with Turkey in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p17
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review