"When I want to add a little more zip to this hearty entree, I use hot salsa," writes Grace Riele of Addison, Illinois.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce or salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add tomatoes, water rice and chili sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spanish Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p19
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review