Spanish Rice with Ground Beef Recipe
I don't know the origin of this recipe, but it's one that has been in my family for a long time. I can remember eating it often as a little girl.—Beverly Austin, Fulton, Missouri
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 206 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC