- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Ground Beef
"I tried this the other day and it was good. The only thing I would do differently in the future is to use half tomato juice and half water. It really had too much tomato taste for me. I added cheese on top but otherwise did it as written."
"Would use this recipe again. I add cheese on top as I served it. I don't have the juice so l use tomato sauce and rotel"
"I made this dish a few months back, forgot to save it. So I searched and searched and found it again. It is so delicious! I am going to add a bit more V8 juice and more rice to adjust the beef to rice ratio. When I was young and my mom made spanish rice she had lots of mouths to feed so more rice than meat. I may end up reverting to the original if its a mess. I totally recommend this recipe :)"
"Ok so i made this today for dinner, because i had everything in hand eccept tomato juice so i used a 15oz can of tomato sauce and add 15oz of water, it tastes really really good, i added some sofrito i had frozen in a ice cube tray and some sazon seasoning yummmmmm, all i can say is the rice is taking forever to cook,maybe its the substitute of tom sauce maybe i used more than one lb of meat idk, its like some of the rice its tender and some it still crunchy, so I added 3/4cp water (all the liquid had already absorbed)and turned up the heat so im hoping it evens out. But super easy to throw together,tastes great,smellls amazing, just taking a little longer than i hoped to actually be severable. Still five stars because im feeling like the rice not cooking even is my fault ."
"made this for a party at work and it was a hit! It was really easy. I did change it a little because I use a 46 oz bottle of V8 juice"