I don't know the origin of this recipe, but it's one that has been in my family for a long time. I can remember eating it often as a little girl.—Beverly Austin, Fulton, Missouri
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice in Country Ground Beef 1993, p74
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Ground Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review