- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Ground Beef
Sort By :
I love how easy AND tasty this recipe is!!
Umm, hubby said, "It wasn't terrible." Aren't you glad you haven't been feeding him for 35 years? I added a couple ingredients from a without beef recipe, a bay leaf & 2 teaspoons
beef base, used 23 oz. tomato sauce & cooked the rice separately so it wasn't mush. Served with shredded cheddar cheese. Oh, left out the green pepper & used onion powder. The sauce tasted okay to me.
Thank you for sharing this recipe! I've been in search of a new "recipe" since my pressure cooker seal went. I couldn't justifying buying a new one when I only used it for Spanish Rice.
I also added cumin to the recipe... Delicious!!! Loved by all!
I've been making Spanish Rice using this recipe for years. Only thing different I do with it is decrease chili powder to less than 1/4 teaspoonful -- a tablespoon is way too much. Make a side salad while rice is simmering, and you are all set.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >