Spanish Rice with Cilantro Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, water, broth, chili powder, salt, sugar and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/8 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 258 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.