Spanish Rice with Cilantro
Our Test Kitchen's special Spanish Rice and tomatoes seasoned with green chilies and fresh cilantro make a colorful side dish to serve with tacos for an easy, streamlined supper your family is likely to request often.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2-3 minutes or until
- tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, broth, chili powder, salt, sugar and
- cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with
- cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/8 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 258 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,