Our Test Kitchen's special Spanish Rice and tomatoes seasoned with green chilies and fresh cilantro make a colorful side dish to serve with tacos for an easy, streamlined supper your family is likely to request often.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, broth, chili powder, salt, sugar and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p23
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Cilantro
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review