Spanish Rice with Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion and green pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 396 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Chicken
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.