Spanish Rice with Chicken
“This recipe is very easily adapted to individual tastes, and extra vegetables can be added,” writes Wendy Nuis of Stokes Bay, Ontario.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion and green
- pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is
- absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 396 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium,