“This recipe is very easily adapted to individual tastes, and extra vegetables can be added,” writes Wendy Nuis of Stokes Bay, Ontario.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion and green pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice with Chicken in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p41
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Spanish Rice with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2015
"Very versatile recipe. I would add alot more heat however, as it was quite bland."
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
"this was delicious, fast and easy to make I will defintely make this again"