VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, onion and green pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice with Chicken in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p41
Reviews forSpanish Rice with Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2015
"Very versatile recipe. I would add alot more heat however, as it was quite bland."
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
"this was delicious, fast and easy to make I will defintely make this again"