Spanish Rice Supper Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato puree, water, chilies, olives and chili seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 380 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Rice Supper
"This is really good. Even my son-in-law who isn't a fan of olives, chilis, or casseroles went back for a second helping! It makes a lot, too."