Spanish Rice Supper Recipe
My mom made this when I was growing up, and now it's in frequent rotation for family meals. It's one of the few that both of my kids love! Cathy Flikkema - Salt Lake City, UT
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato puree, water, chilies, olives and chili seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 380 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC