Spanish Rice Dish Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies with liquid, diced or 1 can (8 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, diced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Drain fat. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat, until rice is tender, about 35-40 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 148 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Spanish Rice Dish
"Excellent recipe! Couldn't be any easiser.... just put everything in a pot and simmer. I was so glad to find a spanish rice recipe that called for regular rice instead of instant. I did not use any bacon. I used Basmati rice and instead of using 2 large cans of diced tomatoes, I used only 1 and added 2 cups of chicken broth along with the sauce and diced tomatoes w/green chilies. I couldn't find canned chopped green chilies so I used 1/4 cup of sliced canned jalapenos that I chopped. I also added cumin, garlic powder and kidney beans like one reviewer suggested. I ommitted the salt d/t using the broth. The flavor was outstanding. It had a nice bite to it because of the jalapenos and we topped it with a dollop of sour cream. My husband and I wanted something other than just steamed rice and this really hit the spot. Another great recipe to fall back onto!"
"I thought this needed a lot of help... I had to work on it for a while before I got it to taste like good spanish rice. looking for a better recipe.."
"Love this recipe!!!"
"I halved the recipe. And made a couple of additions, I added cumin, and garlic powder. Plus when it was done I added a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans.Actually, it could be a complete meal, by the addition of dry cooked beans. Because beans and rice make a complete protein. Will definitely make this again."