Spanish Rice Dish Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies with liquid, diced or 1 can (8 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, diced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Drain fat. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat, until rice is tender, about 35-40 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Rice Dish(4)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe! Couldn't be any easiser.... just put everything in a pot and simmer. I was so glad to find a spanish rice recipe that called for regular rice instead of instant. I did not use any bacon. I used Basmati rice and instead of using 2 large cans of diced tomatoes, I used only 1 and added 2 cups of chicken broth along with the sauce and diced tomatoes w/green chilies. I couldn't find canned chopped green chilies so I used 1/4 cup of sliced canned jalapenos that I chopped. I also added cumin, garlic powder and kidney beans like one reviewer suggested. I ommitted the salt d/t using the broth. The flavor was outstanding. It had a nice bite to it because of the jalapenos and we topped it with a dollop of sour cream. My husband and I wanted something other than just steamed rice and this really hit the spot. Another great recipe to fall back onto!
I thought this needed a lot of help... I had to work on it for a while before I got it to taste like good spanish rice. looking for a better recipe..
Love this recipe!!!
I halved the recipe. And made a couple of additions, I added cumin, and garlic powder. Plus when it was done I added a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans.
Actually, it could be a complete meal, by the addition of dry cooked beans. Because beans and rice make a complete protein. Will definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >