Spanish Rice Dinner
"Spanish Rice Dinner has been a family favorite since I discovered it in our church cookbook," says field editor Jeri Dobrowski of Beach, North Dakota. "I always have the ingredients on hand, and it reheats very well in the microwave."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 319 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,197 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.