Spanish Rice Dinner Recipe
"Spanish Rice Dinner has been a family favorite since I discovered it in our church cookbook," says field editor Jeri Dobrowski of Beach, North Dakota. "I always have the ingredients on hand, and it reheats very well in the microwave."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 319 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,197 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC