Spanish Rice Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Rice Dinner
Sort By :
"This was a unique recipe for a rice dish. I liked the addition of the green beans. The rice was moist and not dry. The dish had a strong taste of stewed tomatoes. It was the prominent flavor, and I am not sure I liked that. I may make this recipe again, but it's not something I would make frequently."
"For a super quick meal (I had some cooked rice in the refrigerator) this was very tasty. I liked the little bit of sweetness, and it had a good flavor without being overly seasoned. I'll definitely make it again!"
"This recipe was delicious just the way it is. I had thought I would leave out the beans at first, but changed my mind and left them in. Glad I did. It was great. Always looking for something different to do with ground beef."
"I liked it. I used white rice instead of the long grain rice. I also added a little salasa and maybe a 1/4 cup of water to the recipe. I added a little extra garlic. I also used 1 TB of worcestireshire sauce instead of 1tsp. And last, I used 1/2 a can of green beans and 1/2 can corn. I'd make it again. It was pretty good and filling."
"This is sooo good! We have it at least once a month. I've seen many recipes for Spanish Rice, and I think of this as more of a casserole. I'm Spanish, and Spanish rice is yellow (saffron), sometimes with peas, carrots & onions, and it is a side dish. This recipe is more of a paella variation, to me. Regardless, my family loves casseroles, and this fits the bill. The only change I made was to up the Worcestershire sauce to 1 tablespoon. Great "comfort" food!"