Spanish Rice and Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine garlic salt, celery salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Combine rice, onion, green pepper and parsley; spoon into the pan. In a saucepan, bring broth, tomatoes, chili powder and salt to a boil. Pour over rice mixture; mix well. Place chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spanish Rice and Chicken
Sort By :
"I've been making this recipe since I first cut it out of the magazine, probably 20 years! I double the amount of rice and chicken broth and use garlic powder, not garlic salt."
"Tasty...I really like the way this is seasoned. I discovered that my celery salt had expired, so I substituted 1/3 tsp. celery seed and 2/3 tsp. salt, and that worked fine."
"This is my 5 year old's favorite meal!"
"I'm a Dad who works from home and watches our 2 and 4 year old at least one day every week and was looking for a simple (vaguely) Spanish recipe with Chicken and Rice. This fit the bill to a tee. Easy to make (while managing the kids and keeping an eye on the inbox). Turned out great. My wife and I collaborated on a couple of toppers: Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), a few sprigs of cilantro and plain greek yogurt. I too would cut back on the salt in the broth etc next time. Not needed methinks."
"Seems to be lacking something.....may try it again using salsa instead of tomatoes. Overall - not impressed."