Spanish Rice and Chicken
My mother has always been an avid cook, and my sister, two brothers and I were raised on this casserole. When I polled our family to see which recipe I should share, this fresh-tasting, well-seasoned chicken casserole came out on the top of the list. I know you'll enjoy is as much as we do.
-Cindy Clark, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine garlic
- salt, celery salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken. Bake,
- uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Combine rice, onion, green pepper and
- parsley; spoon into the pan. In a saucepan, bring broth, tomatoes,
- chili powder and salt to a boil. Pour over rice mixture; mix well.
- Place chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until
- chicken and rice are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as