Spanish Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the onions, green pepper, water, oil and bouillon. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain potatoes; add onion mixture, tomatoes and oregano. Stir gently to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 113 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spanish Potatoes
"Yummy! I will be making this again. Even my kids liked it."