Wake up your taste buds with a yummy Mexican-flavored omelet that features warm refried beans, salsa and shredded cheese. Whip up this satisfying hot breakfast in 15 minutes flat; spice it up with a hot salsa or add sizzling cooked bacon for a smoky twist. —Teresa Gunnell, Lovettsville, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup refried beans, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium
- heat. Whisk eggs and water. Add half of the egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the
- beans and half of the onion on one side and sprinkle with 2
- tablespoons cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto
- a plate. Repeat. Garnish with salsa and remaining cheese. Yield: 2
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.