Wake up your taste buds with the yummy flavors of warm refried beans, salsa and shredded cheese. Whip up this satisfying hot breakfast in 15 minutes flat. Spice it up with a hot salsa, or add sizzling cooked bacon for a smoky twist. —Teresa Gunnell, Lovettsville, Virginia
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup refried beans, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk eggs and water. Add half of the egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the beans and half of the onion on one side and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Repeat. Garnish with salsa and remaining cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Omelet in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spanish Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review