Spanish Noodles and Ground Beef Recipe
“Bacon adds flavor to this comforting stovetop supper my mom frequently made when we were growing up. Now I prepare it for my family,” writes Kelli Jones or Peris, California.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 352 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,167 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC