Spanish Noodles 'N' Ground Beef Recipe
Bacon adds flavor to this comforting stovetop supper my mom frequently made when we were growing up. Now I prepare it for my family. It disappears quickly and is budget-pleasing, too, at just 87¢ for each serving. —Kelli Jones Perris, California
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring frequently. Top with bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 337 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Noodles 'N' Ground Beef
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC