Spanish Noodles 'N' Ground Beef Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring frequently. Top with bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Noodles 'N' Ground Beef
Sort By :
"Nothing special, and not sure what makes it "Spanish." Seemed just like goulash that I grew up with. Thought bacon seemed out of place in the recipe, but went ahead and put it in. Still seemed out of place."
"This was very easy to make. My husband and especially my son really liked it. I will definitely make again."
"This has been a favorite at our house since the recipe first appeared in 2001. We have six children, so when they were growing up, quick, easy, delicious recipes were necessary. All of them liked this dish. The only change I had to make was deleting the green pepper because my husband can't eat them. I also doubled the amount of bacon because all of us are bacon lovers. I made homemade salsa this summer, so I might try using some of that in place of the full amount of tomatoes."
"Easy to fix."
"I used a can of rotel instead of just diced tomatoes. Kicked up the heat a bit."