- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 6 ounces)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with green pepper and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until noodles are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Top with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spanish Noodles & Ground Beef
"Nice flavor; quick dinner for a busy evening. Will definitely make again and again. Did not use any bacon but otherwise followed recipe exactly.."
"Nothing special, and not sure what makes it "Spanish." Seemed just like goulash that I grew up with. Thought bacon seemed out of place in the recipe, but went ahead and put it in. Still seemed out of place."
"This was very easy to make. My husband and especially my son really liked it. I will definitely make again."
"This has been a favorite at our house since the recipe first appeared in 2001. We have six children, so when they were growing up, quick, easy, delicious recipes were necessary. All of them liked this dish. The only change I had to make was deleting the green pepper because my husband can't eat them. I also doubled the amount of bacon because all of us are bacon lovers. I made homemade salsa this summer, so I might try using some of that in place of the full amount of tomatoes."
"Easy to fix."
"I used a can of rotel instead of just diced tomatoes. Kicked up the heat a bit."
"I used a can of rotel in mine instead of just plain diced tomatoes. Kicked it up a notch on the heat."
"My Mother made this for us when we were kids and I had lost the recipe when she passed away. It is great to find it again it is wonderful and tasty I would not change a thing."
"Was a huge hit with my Husband. My three year old liked it once i finally got him to try it and my youngest absolutely loved it. My family has requested that it become a regular at our dinner table."
"This is certainly easy and ok, but whatever you do don't go over at all on the chili sauce or it becomes too sweet. I didn't see what the bacon added to it, but I think it could use some cheese.