Spanish Hominy Recipe
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the hominy, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. Stir onion mixture and bacon into hominy mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 93 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Spanish Hominy
"I have a question about the cooking timethe recipe says, cook for 6 to 8 hours or until heated through..So does it take that many hours to heat through. I feel for that lone it would be mush. Hopefully she means just"until heated through""
"This went over well with my crew. I have served it with cheese enchiladas and once with meat loaf, which I intend to repeat soon."
"this sounds really good juat wondering what you would do with it or make to go with it..."