"I received this recipe from a good friend who is a fabulous cook," remarks Donna Brockett of Kingfisher, Oklahoma. The colorful side dish gets its zesty flavor from spicy canned tomatoes with green chilies.
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the hominy, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. Stir onion mixture and bacon into hominy mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Hominy in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p45
Reviews for Spanish Hominy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review