Spanish Gazpacho Recipe
There’s a bounty of vegetables in this tantalizing chilled soup, submitted by Dave Schmitt of Hartland, Wisconsin. Its refreshing flavor makes it an ideal addition to summer luncheons or light suppers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In batches, place the ingredients in a blender; cover and process until soup reaches desired texture. Pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 118 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC