Spanish Gazpacho Recipe
There’s a bounty of vegetables in this tantalizing chilled soup, submitted by Dave Schmitt of Hartland, Wisconsin. Its refreshing flavor makes it an ideal addition to summer luncheons or light suppers.
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In batches, place the ingredients in a blender; cover and process until soup reaches desired texture. Pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 118 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spanish Gazpacho
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC