Spanish Gazpacho Recipe
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In batches, place the ingredients in a blender; cover and process until soup reaches desired texture. Pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 118 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spanish Gazpacho
"I did not really care for this recipe, I felt that it lacked flavor. Maybe some jalapeño and cilantro would help."