There’s a bounty of vegetables in this tantalizing chilled soup, submitted by Dave Schmitt of Hartland, Wisconsin. Its refreshing flavor makes it an ideal addition to summer luncheons or light suppers.
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In batches, place the ingredients in a blender; cover and process until soup reaches desired texture. Pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Spanish Gazpacho in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p23
Reviews for Spanish Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2013
"I did not really care for this recipe, I felt that it lacked flavor. Maybe some jalapeño and cilantro would help."