There’s a bounty of vegetables in this tantalizing chilled soup, submitted by Dave Schmitt of Hartland, Wisconsin. Its refreshing flavor makes it an ideal addition to summer luncheons or light suppers.
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In batches, place the ingredients in a blender; cover and process until soup reaches desired texture. Pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Spanish Gazpacho in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p23
Reviews for Spanish Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review