- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, partially thawed
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fish sticks
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and sugar until blended. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn.
- Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; arrange fish sticks over the top. Bake 15 minutes longer or until fish sticks are heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spanish Corn with Fish Sticks
"Let's just say I was extremely skeptical when I first read this recipe, but I was talked into making it. It turned out great! I was afraid the fish sticks would be a mushy mess, but they weren't -- only the under sides were a bit soft. As the original submitter said, this recipe makes a good and different dish for get-togethers: it was the talk of the function I prepared it for."