Spanish Chicken Recipe
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, rice, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3. Uncover; spoon picante sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with olives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 431 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.