Spanish Chicken Rice Recipe
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- Pinch pepper
- 1. In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and mushrooms for 4 minutes or until tender. Place in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-1/2 cup serving equals 207 calories, 108 mg sodium, 54 mg cholesterol, 25 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spanish Chicken Rice
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.