Spanish Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until well coated. In a skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat. Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In the pan drippings, saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add pimientos and rice. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth, turmeric, chili powder and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- 3. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 466 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,909 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.