- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped sweet yellow, red and/or green peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, tomato sauce, olives, mushrooms, red wine and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spanish Beef Hash
Sort By :
"Very very good!!!!!"
"I loved the story that accompanied this recipe in the magazine too!"
"I made this for my family last week and we all loved it! Great flavors. I might try to put this in the slow cooker."
"This one is a keeper! Easy to prepare and great flavor. I will cut the potatoes even smaller next time (for faster cooking), but that's the only change I will make."